Get Trained to be a CircleTalk Leader
Become a CircleTalk Leader
Announcement: We have two separate trainings coming up! June 8th in Boulder & June 15th in DenverRegister Now!
The CircleTalk program is based on the principle that human connections are essential to the well-being of individuals, particularly in life’s last chapter.
The CircleTalk Leader Course offers an unparalleled experience for professionals and volunteers to become trained in our method and learn skills and processes essential to effectively lead this revolutionary program.
As a graduate of the CircleTalk Leader Course, you will be prepared to:
- Facilitate and launch CircleTalk programs in senior community centers, senior living communities and churches, other houses of faith and spirit, or any setting where seniors gather.
- Maximize participation and meaningful engagement to form healthy groups. Directly support a culture of belonging and well-being by employing best practices in group dynamics.
- Lead creative activities and processes that support self-expression and support a positive and open environment for telling personal stories, insights and feelings.
- Become an excellent active listener. Learn how to show value for all who participate in group discussions through deep listening and attuning to group’s needs.
- Effectively use the CircleTalk Curriculum and customize CircleTalk practices to support existing and transitioning residents so that they may integrate into the social network of their community.
- Create a universally accessible environment for full group engagement. Accommodate CircleTalk practices to meet all the needs of group members including those with hearing, vison and cognitive challenges.
Course content is based upon CircleTalk principles and foundational knowledge on meeting the psycho-social needs of adults as they age and transition into new living environments.
CircleTalk provides a comprehensive and rich program format that can be implemented with multiple groups with up to one year of non-repeating curriculum.
If you want to offer this extraordinary experience to older adults, we invite you to become a CircleTalk Leader and join our community!Register Now!
The CircleTalk Leader Course is an important professional development training to take if you:
- Currently volunteer (or want to volunteer) with a senior organization and would like to create a group forum for connection and community building.
- Work with seniors in a house of faith or other community-based setting.
- Work in a senior community-based or residential organization/company as an activity coordinator, residential life manager, activities director, etc.
- Are interested in personal development and knowledge of how to work with groups and utilize a unique method and set of activities.
- ** Get experience with your newly learned CircleTalk skills as soon as possible to apply what you have just learned. We strongly encourage you to identify who will be in your first group before you come to the CircleTalk Leader Course. Then, you can get started as soon as possible. Keep in mind that this can be any group of friends, colleagues or a older adults who reside in your community! **
- Price for regular, single registration for training: $595
- Early Registration price: $495 (ends two weeks before the training)
Group discounts available for 3 or more people together: $420/person
What is included in the CircleTalk Leader Course:
- One day, 8- hour training program, lunch included.
- Course materials include
- the CircleTalk Leader Course Manual
- the first 13 weeks of the CircleTalk Curriculum
- the CircleTalk “Kit” containing materials and props that support program implementation
- Support and coaching from master trainers to successfully recruit and launch your CircleTalk program
Who makes a good CircleTalk Leader?
From years of field testing, we have learned that people who possess the following attributes and skills are a good match for this role.
To know if this role as a CircleTalk Leader is right for you, ask yourself, “Do I understand the importance of, or, have I been able to …”
- Establish trust and a sense of group safety when participating in or leading a group?
- Support the group process, including drawing people out, staying with the meeting agenda and encouraging positive and inclusive interactions?
- Be comfortable with expressing compassion, authenticity, warmth and care?
If you answered yes to these questions, we invite you to join us to learn this powerful method of engagement at our next public training!Register Now!
***We are excited to announce that, if you are a Certified Senior Advisor (CSA), you may apply the CircleTalk Leader Course towards Professional Continuing Education for your CSA certification!
We hope you will be able to join us in a day of personal and professional growth as you learn the CircleTalk Method. This is an enriching, interactive learning experience where you will experience CircleTalk simulations, share observations in small and large group discussions and practice new skills with coaching.
The CircleTalk program is based on the principle that human connections are essential to the well-being of individuals, particularly as we age.
Testimonials from recent trainings:
“Fab, fun and functional! I look forward to my first leader experience!” -Michelle
“I really enjoyed the practical, experiential activities. They helped me put all the pieces together.” -Barbara
“I was inspired, satisfied and informed about how important real engagement is and that we can create a program to do it.” -Jill
“Beautifully done….Great work designing this course..and lots of humor!” -Barb
“Really fluid training and loved the design of the CircleTalk method. Great day!” -Jack
“The day went so fast! Loved the experiential exercises and demonstrations!” -Judy
“Excellent hands-on experience!” -Laurie
“I loved this training day and learned a lot. It was good for my head, heart and soul.” -Kathryn
Contact [email protected] for more information on getting trained!Register Now!