Is it really possible to provide a “program” that will build a foundation for belonging, connection and community for older adults? You bet it is!
Join us in a day of personal and professional growth as you learn the CircleTalk Method.
CircleTalk is a proven strategy to reduce isolation and loneliness for older adults.
This is an enriching, interactive learning experience where you will experience CircleTalk simulations, share observations in small and large group discussions, and practice new skills with coaching.
As a graduate of the CircleTalk Leader Course, you will be prepared to:
- Build a culture of meaningful engagement, belonging and well-being by employing best practices in group dynamics.
- Support a positive and open environment for telling personal stories, insights and feelings.
- Become an excellent active listener. Learn how to show value for all participation in group discussions.
- Lead creative activities and processes that cultivate self-expression for all circle members.
- Use and customize CircleTalk practices to support transitioning residents so that they may integrate into the social network of their new community.
- Accommodate to meet all the needs of group members including those with hearing, vison and cognitive challenges.
We hope to see you on December 1st to experience the potential of CircleTalk and have an enriching, interactive learning experience. Participants will be a part of CircleTalk simulations, share observations in small and large group discussions, and take part in skill practice with coaching. The following core skills for group leadership are introduced:
- Maximizing participation to form healthy groups.
- Deep listening and attuning to group’s needs.
- Creating a universally accessible environment for full group engagement.
- Strategies to effectively use the CircleTalk Curriculum.
Additionally, course content provides foundational information and background on CircleTalk principles and how they meet the psycho-social needs of older adults as well as transition into new living environments. New CircleTalk Leaders will leave the training with 12 weeks of curriculum and a leader “kit” to begin leading CircleTalk without delay.
We look forward to meeting you!
For Information contact us.