What will I learn in the CircleTalk™ Leader Course?
The CircleTalk™ Leader Course prepares participants to skillfully lead CircleTalk™ programs in any setting where seniors gather. This one-day programs utilizes an interactive approach to learning and practicing core leader skills, including whole group discussion, staged Circles, and one-on-one coaching.
The course focuses on teaching and strengthening a variety of skills, such as:
- Understand group dynamics best practices so that you can form healthy groups, promote meaningful engagement and maximize participation.
- Create a universally accessible environment for full group engagement (i.e. hearing loss, vision loss and cognitive and memory challenges, etc.).
- Effectively guide structured conversations that in a way that fosters a sense of belonging and connection amongst the group.
- Create a positive and open environment so that participants can share personal stories, insights and feelings.
How do I start a circle after I get trained? Will CircleTalk™ be able to assist me in marketing and supporting me once I start a group?
Through our CircleTalk™ Leader Course you will become familiar with our process for outreach to attract participants for CircleTalk™ programs and receive templates to customize for your community so that you can immediately begin implementing CircleTalk™.
Where are the best places to lead CircleTalk™ programs?
CircleTalk™ has been successfully adapted in many different kinds of settings where older adults gather, including:
- Independent Senior Living Communities
- Assisted Living Communities
- 55+ Communities
- Memory Care Communities
- Senior Community and Recreation Centers
- In home care settings
- Houses of Faith
- Subsidized Senior Apartments
- Naturally Occurring Retirement Communities
- PACE-Adult Day Programs
How will I know if I am ready to lead a group (especially if I haven’t done this before!)?
CircleTalk™ Master Trainers are available to you for specific program consultation and coaching for two 30-minute coaching meeting post training and more if you need it! Our goal is to create a community of successful CircleTalk™ leaders and reach as many older adults seeking meaningful engagement as possible.
What is the ideal size for a group?
Most CircleTalk™ circles are 8-12 people. In some settings, it makes sense to have smaller groups. This is an area that we are happy to consult with you on!
Is there a way for me to see a group in action?
Yes. We are directly involved in senior settings in the greater Denver area and will attempt to accommodate any requests to actually observe a circle in action.
Do I have to take the CircleTalk™ Leader Training to use the curriculum?
Yes. In the Leader Course you will learn how to use the curriculum. CircleTalk™ has field-tested, non-repeating and professionally published curriculum for approximately one year of CircleTalk™ programs. You will receive the first 13 weeks of CircleTalk™ Curriculum when you complete the CircleTalk™ Leader Course along with program props and supplies. Two additional sets of CircleTalk™ Curriculum are available for purchase.
Can I train my staff to do this?
CircleTalk™ training is a copyrighted training and curriculum. Please contact us if you would like to bring CircleTalk™ to your organization.