Frequently Asked Questions
The CircleTalk™ Leader Course prepares participants to skillfully lead structured and meaningful conversations in any setting where older adults gather. Our virtual training program is interactive with a focus on teaching and strengthening a variety of skills to effectively lead small groups in high engagement discussions so you can:
- Understand group dynamics best practices to form healthy groups, promote meaningful engagement, and maximize participation.
- Create a universally accessible environment for full group engagement (i.e., hearing loss, vision loss, and cognitive and memory challenges, etc.).
- Effectively guide structured conversations that foster a sense of belonging and connection within the group.
- Create a positive and open environment so that participants can share personal stories, insights, and feelings.
How do I start a Circle after I get trained? Will CircleTalk™ help me with marketing and support once I start a group?
We provide resources and information to help you get started, conduct outreach, attract participants, and organize your Circles.
CircleTalk™ has been successfully adopted in many different kinds of settings where older adults gather, including:
- Independent Senior Living Communities
- Assisted Living Communities
- 55+ Communities
- Memory Care Communities
- Senior Community and Recreation Centers
- In-Home Care Settings
- Houses of Faith
- Senior Apartments
- Naturally Occurring Retirement Communities • PACE Adult Day Programs
CircleTalk™ Master Trainers are available to you for specific program consultation and coaching for two 30-minute coaching sessions and more, if you need it. Our goal is to create a community of successful CircleTalk™ leaders and reach as many older adults seeking meaningful engagement as possible. Your success is our success!
Most CircleTalk™ Circles are 8-12 people. In some settings, it makes sense to have smaller groups. We are happy to consult with you about all program details and how to make CircleTalk™ a success in your setting.
Yes. We have CircleTalk™ groups in our video library. Contact Us if you need more information.
Yes. We have invested thousands of man hours creating and field-testing the CircleTalk™ Curriculum and want to be sure you are properly prepared to engage with older adults in their stories and memories. You will receive the first 13 weeks of the CircleTalk™ Curriculum when you complete the CircleTalk™ Leader Course along with program materials. Two followup sets of CircleTalk™ Curriculum are available for purchase.
We offer group discounts to organizations that want to train their staff. Please contact us if you would like to bring CircleTalk™ to your organization.